We have a really smart baby, well he has a big head anyway!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

For the past two doc appointments, I have been measuring about two inches bigger in the belly than my gestional dates, so I was recently sent for an ultrasound to make sure we are on target and there are no other reasons for the big belly.

For pregs who stumbled upon my blog while google searching, "Big belly measurements at 33 weeks" (like I did, duh).  Some reasons for a big belly that the doctor explained was:
1. Big baby or the due date is off
2. too much amniotic fluid...i.e. I could have gestional diabetes
3. I'm just fat (hah!)

So, off to my ultrasound I happily went since I'd get to see the little (or big!) man again - I hadn't seen my babe since the 20 week mark.  So it was nice to see him wiggling around and happy in there.  I even caught a glimpse of him sucking his little thumb- ahhh!  I can't wait for him to get here!!


The doc called the following Monday and said that everything looks within range on the ultrasound and all is fine.  Apparently the huge head I saw on the ultrasound screen is normal?  Faaaaaantastic!  She also said that they guess he weighs about 4.5 lbs which makes me want to squeeze him!  I can't wait until his sweet, big head is out in the world!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!