Around Here Week 43: 10/18-10/24

Friday, November 13, 2020

 A glimpse into what it is like to live in our home just this moment. 





So grateful for my assistant coach this year! Love you Leesha!










Intentional Outdoor Hours:  522+ hours (of 1000)
Snagged some hours during the football game and then again at the playground later in the week when the weather was so warm and beautiful I also wept of gratitude. The trees are still lovely but as the temperatures start to dip, my wimpyness is in full force. I get so cold at night that I put on my thick winter wool socks and have a cup of tea on my nightstand. (by midnight, I am roasting and I rip the socks off and fling off of the blankets, but at bedtime; I am shivering so much it's actually painful. this is every.single.night in the fall/winter...it's ridiculous).

Reading Outlander by Diana Galbaldon and then I finished our Project Lit book Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson on Saturday. I mostly ignored my family and finished reading the whole thing which was amazing and sometimes you need a day like that - right? The book was insane and I can't wait to talk about it in our Project Lit meeting with the students. 

Kissing ("too much" says Rusty!) on our 12 year anniversary on Sunday...at the football field no less. Hah. Typical. 

Getting so many laughs out of this gold skeleton mask we snagged from my Mom's house. It somehow fits every person's face perfectly and it is so hilarious. 

Throwing Gemma's boot in a corner! Yay! Her appointment at Children's hospital on Monday showed that she did a great job of keeping her non-displaced 7 (!) fractures lined up for the last month and they are healing successfully. The doctor wants her to just wear a shoe at school and home and if it starts bothering her to put the boot on to give it more stability. Otherwise she should be flexing it and moving it to make sure it doesn't get too stiff. She is overjoyed (as am I!)

Celebrating a birthday for my favorite human on Wednesday night. My sisters and Kevin stopped by with tons of food, a six pack of assorted fall flavors of IPAs and we all sang over a homemade ice cream sundae. He's just the best guy and we are so lucky to be his family - me most of all. (thank you Gigi for him!) 

Unboxing Halloween costumes which have been arriving this week. We have a fisherman, an owl, Elsa, T'Challa (Black Panther), and a pumpkin. I'm feeling grateful for Tabitha of last week who remembered to order them since Halloween is right over the horizon. 

Picnicking on Thursday night because it was almost 80 degrees and it just didn't see right to stay home like a regular day. I packed up sandwiches and snacks and we headed out to the playground on Luray Ave (like lots of other families) and spent the evening hanging out in the beautiful warm fall air. 

Enjoying the most incredible lazy, chilly fall day at home all day Saturday. As our first non-coaching week since the end of July (!!), we took Saturday to do almost nothing. I made some cookies and cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom, but then I literally just read my book, played with the kids, and threw dinner on. It was bliss. B got some mowing done and the kids played outside most of the day leaf-fighting, jumping on the trampoline, and riding bikes. 

Fall sporting with the last football/cheer game of the season on Sunday. We made it to the playoffs and headed out to Meyersdale for both minors and majors.

Winter sporting with Gemma's basketball practices. She had two this week. Grey's basketball team starts next month and he is anxious to get that cast off and get to playing!

Teaching and finishing up our weather/Spanish country projects in Spanish 1. Spanish 2 started El Silbon de Venezuela novels. Spanish 3 worked on their preposiciones de lugar vocab quize and then did some fluency reading exercises while learning about el Biblioburro (I have such a crush on Luis and his dreams and his determination and his love of books and his belief that one person can make an impact). In Spanish 4 we started the Tres Cerditos fluency and Fable unit.  I also had a "practice virtual" pretend day where the kids were to try out accessing the lesson completely on Schoology, but I was in the room for support. I learned how to integrate my Edpuzzle into Schoology and MIND BLOWN. obsessed now. 

Making cake mix chocolate chip cookies, turkey & cheese melts with wedge salads and little noodle soup, and ham & cheese sandwiches for our playground picnic. Gigi and Pappy made us meatballs, pierogies, and my favorite macaroni salad on Monday and then my sisters brought over stuffed shells to celebrated Brandon's birthday on Wednesday, and we ordered in with GrubHub on Friday night wings from Big Shot Bobs. 

1 comment:

  1. The pic of Red looking at Rust in the mask- priceless!!
    So happy you got some outside time.
    And girl! You need an electric blanket. I swear by mine. It makes climbing into bed so luxurious, and then I just switch it off so I don't wake up sweating in the night. (#same)

    ReplyDelete