Thank you June

Wednesday, July 3, 2019


Thank you June for...
  • the peace and soul healing that comes with over 126 hours of outdoor time in this month alone
  • our RustMan's third birthday, who is really coming into his personality and has us all belly laughing every day and feeling like the luckiest people on Earth when we get one of his hugs around the neck
  • a month long challenge to try Keto for Brandon and I that had us preparing new recipes, trying new foods, really savoring each bite, and feeling better and more satisfied
  • the end of the school year for our two biggest kids who finished up third and first grade 
  • the long mornings of quiet that I get thanks to #nobedtimesummer. They've been filled with early morning chores, peaceful cups of coffee, reading on the porch, blogging, family yearbook creating, or organizing in my planner. These long, slow, quiet mornings have soothed my fractured soul more than anything else. 
  • the bittersweet end of spring sports for our kiddos that taught them so much and introduced them to new friends
  • the deepest breath of gratitude after a very scary moment with Violet in the pool
  • a full day picnic at Greenhouse park with our family and friends
  • an early morning, tranquil kayak trip with my Dad and little sister in the light rain
  • the freedom of summer to be spontaneous in the afternoons with our time
  • delicious, fresh, juicy strawberries picked straight from the plant 
  • confirming the necessary steps to finalize my PA teaching certification; even if it was not the answer I wanted
  • a successful shoulder surgery for my Dad
  • a fun and much belated birthday party for our Grey at fishing camp with his buddies and little brother
  • inspiring discussion board posts as I read along with other teachers in the Book Love Summer book club
  • my new teacher planner already purchased and waiting in my new teacher bag
  • our rooster who found his voice this month and crows the day awake each morning
  • so many reasons to celebrate: graduation parties, birthdays, a pool party at a friend's house, and Juneteenth
  • so many laughs and high fives at our volleyball games with these teammates we love so much, including two of my students who make me so proud each week
  • another inspiring quarterly board meeting with You in Flood City
  • the start of Grey's all star sanction little league baseball season and an incredible win in their first game after three extra innings at 10p at night. 
  • looking out the kitchen window and watching the kids on the trampoline, the dogs enjoying the shade under them, and the chickens strutting all over the backyard 


2 comments:

  1. This sounds idyllic. I can definitely relate to the spontaneous afternoons. I love that my kids are getting old enough for me to say, "what should we do today?" We are really enjoying planning out our adventures together.
    Outdoor time! Yes! I don't really the hours like you do - I think that's awesome btw - but the month of June for us was all about the great outdoors.
    Happy independence day!

    ReplyDelete