My life in numbers

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

I took Grey and his older cousin for a bike ride the other day and what bliss it was to just trail behind them quietly as they chatted, raced each other, and popped wheelies down the trail. I was grateful to get some time to do a 'big kid' thing with Grey. He gets to do 'big kid' things with his friends' or cousins' families or on one-on-one time with our parents. But because of the little kids, our whole family activities are often times limited to things we can all do - or at least Brandon and I can figure out how to make it work for everyone. 


Bike riding for us right now is out of the question - Red's just too little. When he gets a little bigger, he can ride in a cart - but Rust doesn't have the endurance to make it very long, and probably neither does Violet, so we've got a ways to go yet for an actually enjoyable bike trip. Lord knows I'll still do it even it's a total pain in my butt with a lot of whining because that's who I am inside (HAH, Brandon, my sisters, and best friends think I intentionally try to do difficult things with the kids because it will make a good blogpost. #haters ) 

So, I found myself daydreaming about the future day that we could do this as a whole family; happily, peacefully, and without a ton of whining. I got to thinking in fractions; 'I just need to teach two more kids out of five to ride bikes without training wheels'. Which then had my head spiraling about all the fractions and numbers in my life in just this moment. 

So guess what would make a good blogpost? 
hah. 
I can't help myself.

literally about to crash for this picture.


My life today by numbers

36 years old
21 years kissing Brandon
11 years married 
5 children
3 months postpartum
4 tattoos
5 goats
13 chickens
2 dogs
5 fish
9 years in our current home
3 bedrooms
2 tvs 
2 vehicles
2 tractors
3 baskets of clean laundry that need folded in our home today
2 times the dishwasher gets run daily
3 cups of coffee daily
1 deer head in our deep freezer that needs to be taken for a mount ( #outdoorsmanswifeprobs ) 
2 lbs of ground beef to feed our whole family at dinner
6 times the baby gets a bottle daily
7 hours of uninterrupted sleep for the baby at night (#gratefulmomma )
3 years teaching Spanish at my current school
7 years teaching Sunday school
2 years youth cheer coach
2 years youth soccer coach
1 year secretary on the board of a local non-profit
7 countries visited
2 languages spoken
3 college diplomas
1 Master's degree
11 books read this year
12 years writing this blog
1,075 posts ever written on my blog
4,413,255 views ever on my blog (thanks mostly to this and this)


My raising up kids so far in fractions

0 out of 5 kids are taller than me
0 out of 5 kids has their own phone
0 out of 5 kids has a tv in their room
0 out of 5 kids can braid hair
0 out of 5 kids has braces
0 out of 5 has a paying job
0 out of 5 kids can drive a car
0 out of 5 kids has graduated high school
1 out of 5 kids can operate the tractor
1 out of 5 kids has had the birds&the bees talk
1 out of 5 kids wears diapers
1 out of 5 kids can do a backflip on the trampoline
1 out of 5 kids has had broken a bone
2 out of 5 kids can fry an egg unassisted
2 out of 5 kids can use the stove/oven unassisted
2 out of 5 kids can whistle
2 out of 5 kids can read
2 out of 5 kids can tie shoes
3 out of 5 kids can wink
3 out of 5 kids will be in school this year
3 out of 5 kids can ride a bike without training wheels
3 out of 5 kids can write their full name
3 out of 5 kids can blow a chewing gum bubble
3 out of 5 kids have lost a tooth
3 out of 5 kids have a passport
3 out of 5 kids have been out of the country
4 out of 5 kids can walk by themselves
4 out of 5 kids can swim unassisted
4 out of 5 kids can change a diaper
4 out of 5 kids can change their own clothes
4 out of 5 kids can take a shower unassisted 
4 out of 5 kids can do a front flip on the trampoline
5 out of 5 kids believe in Santa
5 out of 5 kids can be carried to bed
5 out of 5 kids hug or snuggle their parents daily
5 out of 5 kids kiss their parents goodbye

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!