There's something about random questionnaires that always give a sneak peek into a person that you don't normally get to see. It's a Sunday and I've been blogging for a record (for me!) eleven days, so I gave myself a little reprieve tonight on this beautiful fall day to simply answer some questions. It was easy to answer, but a lot more fun than I was expecting too. I'd love if you answered the questions!
I got this particular questionnaire from Lindsey at a Design So Vast.
1. How long have you been in the area?
I was born here, left for college (4 years), and then lived elsewhere for another six years after that. Moved back 'home' in 2011 and wouldn't rather be anywhere else!
2. What’s your favorite season in your town?
3. What’s your favorite activity in your town?
Greenhouse park or library storytime
4. Would you ever leave your town?
probably not unless the kids are all grown and gone
5. What are three words to describe living in your town?
Seasonal, resilient, comforting
6. What’s your favorite movie?
The Princess Bride. The Goonies is a close second
7. Favorite movie in past five years?
I talk about the Brass Teapot a lot because I think the plot was interesting. We can watch the Five Year Engagement anytime it's on tv because...hysterical.
8. Favorite Hitchcock film?
Birds...but only because that's the only one I've ever (partially) seen
9. Favorite TV show that’s currently on?
The Walking Dead (season premiere tonight!)
10. What’s a book you plan on reading?
Those that Save Us by Jenna Blum
11. A book you read in school that positively shaped you?
Flowers for Algernon
12. A book you read in school that you never think of?
The Heart of Darkness
13. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
14. iPhone or Android?
15. Twitter or Instagram?
16. Vine or Snapchat?
Neither, I don't get them
17. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
On instagram, @childhoodunplugged because the photography is inspiring but also because it's important to remember that everything that is good about life happens while you're unplugged. On facebook @Humans of New York for the photos, the captions, and even the comments from strangers. it's my daily dose of inspiration
18. What’s the coolest thing in this room?
the people's voices that I can hear from it (my people's)
19. What’s your favorite Hometown restaurant?
we love the Woodside
20. What’s your favorite food?
21. Least favorite food?
22. What do you love on your pizza?
ham, pineapple, banana peppers, and onions
23. Favorite drink?
the first sip of coffee in the morning when it's still quiet
24. Favorite dessert?
chocolate chip walnut cookies
25. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
26. Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
bear sausage (Brandon shot it with a bow in Canada) and it was horrible. I tend to be pretty grossed out by texture, so I steer clear of things that look a certain way
27. What’s the hardest part about being a mom?
28. What’s your favorite band?
classic: The Rolling Stones (it's a family birthright)
current: Little Big Town
29. Favorite solo artist?
classic: Otis Redding
current: Bruno Mars, Eric Church
30. Favorite lyrics?
Joy to the World by Three Dog Night
31. If your life were a song, what would the title be?
32. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
June Carter Cash
33. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
34. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
I do! (four), but I'd like to finish my 3/4 sleeve before I'm forty
35. To be or not to be?
36. What’s Oprah like in person?
37. What number of question was this?
38. Dogs or cats?
39. Kittens or puppies?
40. Dolphins or koalas?
41. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
whale-watching (never have done it but I long to)
42. What’s your spirit animal?
(i blame Charlotte's web! I never kill them, no matter how big or creepy they are, but always scoop them up and transport them outside. I admire their webs of beauty and how they all seem like women to me - are we all connected as mothers? yes - and also they eat flies, and I hate flies).
43. Best gift you’ve ever received?
my engagement ring from B
44. Last gift you gave a friend?
I don't 'believe' in gifts for grownups (worst friend ever), so I don't remember. I do believe in gifts of time and if that's the case: photographing kids' birthday party moments (the cake, family photos), emailing about family reunion idea suggestions, proofreading, long phone conversations..
45. A person you want to have coffee with?
46. A historical figure you’d love to have coffee with?
47. How do you like your coffee?
48. Can I play a note on this piano?
49. What’s your favorite curse word?
(does favorite mean most used?) shit
50. What’s your favorite board game?
51. What’s your favorite country to visit?
52. What’s the last country you visited?
53. What country do you wish to visit?
54. What do you see in this image right here?
I'm interested in reading the comments too please
55. Can you write down your favorite word that starts and ends with the same vowel?
56. What’s your favorite color?
57. Least favorite color?
I don't have a least favorite
58. What color dress did you wear to your prom?
I've been to five (!) pink, white, purple, blue, black&white
59. Diamonds or pearls?
60. Cheap shampoo or expensive?
61. Blow-dry or air-dry?
air-dry, unless it's night and it's cold, then blow dry.
62. Heels or flats?
63. Can you give an impersonation of someone?
I think I'm pretty good
64. Can you do the same impersonation with a British accent?
YES! (my read aloud hidden talent! hello Peppa Pig!)
65. My friend outside this window would love to ask you a question?
Let's hear it
66. [Holding two different colored dresses] Which should I give my girlfriend?
What's your girlfriend like?
67. Pilates or yoga?
68. Jogging or swimming?
69. Best way to decompress?
Read in bed
70. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
71. Can you describe an experience you felt most nervous?
Standing at the top of the 'big kid' waterslide as Grey was sitting down to go down it by himself at three years old. I was literally trying to calculate if he somehow flipped over face down at the top if Brandon would be able to resuscitate him at the bottom. #mompanic Totally cool and encouraging on the outside- having a panic attack inside. (spoiler alert: he loved it and rode it three hundred more times after that). In the more general sense, worrying about the kids.
72. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
73. Last question: Is this the strangest interview you’ve ever had?
Not in the least.