Around Here Week 37: 09/12-18

Thursday, September 30, 2021

 A glimpse into what it is like to live in our home just this moment. 















Intentional Outdoor Hours:  468+ hours (of 1000)
We got lots of walks in this week (especially since we were learning about leaves in homeschool pre-k!) I was enamored with all the mushrooms under the pine trees at the top of the pasture - we call them fairy homes and Violet was so excited to see we had a whole fairy village under there! 

Reading The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. Really enjoying it and all the characters. The kids are so so sweet and the wildness of the house actually reminds me of our wacky house in all it's chaos and little kid innocent messiness. 

More doc appointments this week (it goes on and on in a big family to get everyone in). Rust and I had eye doc appointments and then Gem's glasses and Brandon's contacts were ready for pick up later in the week.  The whole family (minus the two babies) went for a chiropractic visit to get re-aligned. I was by far the one in need the most (ahem, two babies in two years will do that to a body....yikes). Everyone felt a lot better though to get a tune-up though. 

Loving all the joy that pours out of our little nearly 4month old chubby bunny baby. She is so very squishy and sweet. She loves smiling and talking to people the most of all, but she also loves being outside. She was delighted to see her reflection in the hallway mirror - a friend! We should all look at our reflection and be as overjoyed as Livy is to see a friend! 

Visiting my sweet little nephew Wells. It was a quick stop with the three littles during the school day, but I was happy to get in a few snuggles and to give my sis a hug too. She is wearing motherhood so beautifully and gracefully. I am so proud of her and honestly, I'm just crying about it so bye. 

Smiling to see how much the kids love our family yearbooks, even Reddy! He has really been into them recently and takes his good old time looking at each page intently. I can hardly wait for our newest one to arrive!  

Updating the kids' baby books with some photos. Even with six kids, I have really tried to maintain at least somewhat of a baby book for each of them. I ordered some pictures off my app this week and they arrived pretty quickly so I could update the books. We don't bring them out very often (I keep them on a high shelf in the linen closet for safe keeping) but when I do bring them down, the kids always love looking at their own book. 

Turning in paperwork for the kids to attend Sunday school at our new church: St. David's! It starts next week and although we haven't completed all the steps to be official members; the kids will be ready to roll for Sunday school at least. 

Sporting with two football practices for Violet and Grey. Gemma had one cheer, one basketball, and one soccer (hah!) Brandon spent Friday night in the box at the Varsity football game at Berlin too. And it was another 7 hour day at the football field - this time at Portage for the flag game (Violet), minors game (Gem cheering), and majors game (Grey). It is so sweet to me how the players all find their way over to our tent and play with our younger kids and eat our snacks and drop all their gear with us until it's game time. I'm just over here living Tami Taylor's life. (hahha, currently obsessing over Friday Night Lights right now...don't mind me drooling over Big Tim Riggins and Coach Taylor). 

Making church picnic chicken on the grill, sloppy joes and mac&cheese, cream cheese chicken taquitos, and turkey chili. For the football game I packed up a bunch of pb&j's and threw in some oreos and mini gatorades to keep the kids from going to the concession stand a million times. I tried to stick to keto this week somewhat (I actually do really love Bulletproof coffee) but kind of fell of the wagon by the end of the week. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!