Around Here Week 31 part 2: 08/4-7

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

 A glimpse of what it is like to live in our home just this moment. 










Intentional Outdoor Hours: 356+ hours (of 1000)
sports practices, farm chores, garden checks, etc. Nothing too major to snag the hours - just regular summer living with nice weather.

Reading Sing Unburied Sing by Jesmyn Ward and getting so close to finishing it since I've been reading it off and on for several months now (!?) 

Doing all the laundry because that's what happens post vacation. 

Squealing over the cutie pie watermelon we have growing! I told the kids that it needs protected at all costs. If the goats eat it, I might honestly cry. 

Planning the two big kids make-up birthday parties. Gem's birthday was in February and Grey's birthday was in April - but we didn't really do anything for either of them because weather, new baby, covid, etc. So we were getting down to the wire of summer and I've been working on sleepover party plans for them before we go back to school! 

Finalizing my plans for the school year with my official letter to my principal and emailing the kids preschool/daycare that they will not be returning. Gah, it feels like such a weight lifted on my shoulders that we have made the plan and it is squared all away. 

Visiting with my bestie for lunch. Gem got a sleepover with Sophie (her bestie) who is the daughter of Katie (my bestie) so we met up at Hoss's for a kid switch after the sleepover and as always it was great to have lunch and chat. Our two girls are so hilarious together and I am so grateful that they have each other. 

Hauling all the baby stuff to football/cheer practices because it is just easier to keep everyone together. Rust practice with Brandon/Grey's team while Reddy snacks and hangs out with Liv and me at Violet's practice. Everyone gets their energy out before heading home for dinner. It's a little nuts, but also kind of a nice little routine. (plus outdoor time, yay!)

Sporting with cheer practice for Gem this week with the Turner's coaches that taught the squad their dance. Gem was so pumped and has been practicing every moment at home. Violet had 2 football practices and Grey had 3 practices plus the weigh-in on Saturday morning. We went to the Valentines house one evening for a CT football coaches meeting too which is always nice to spend time with the other coaches' wives (hi girls!) 

Making ...honestly, I can't remember because I'm doing this several weeks later and also I was pretty lax on my planner. I think we had pork chops on the grill one night, we had our walking tacos (thank you Heather!) and then I literally can't remember anything else. I know there was a summer CT meal pick up that we scored this week too. 

Things I've made out of zucchini this week: more zucchini cookies with cream cheese icing and browned butter zucchini and corn as a side dish. And I gave away some zucchini to Katie who is planning to make Greek salad with it (yum!)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!