|Notice anything embarassing? Oh yea - just the burnt to a crisp fireplace bricks and logs.|
3. Step three: Transfer dust pan particles into a garbage bag carefully. (this is a period of potential catastrophic mess...proceed with caution).
4. Step four: Spray foaming shower scrub (thanks, Sabrina!) over the bricks that have soot stains.
5. Step five: Scrub with a bristle brush and dip in a bucket of water occasionally
6. Step six: Repeat steps 4 & 5 if necessary (I did it three times for good measure)
7. Step seven: Scrub fireplace logs with bristle brush and water. We did this in the sink (MESS), but if it was warmer out - we obviously would have hosed them outside. Maybe a bathtub or laundry sink would have been a better choice. (I'm fairly certain he asks himself on a regular basis how he gets roped into my usually irrational, inopportune, crazy undertakings.)
|white shirt too...double fail.|
|Clean! Except for underneath the mantle...but we're getting a new one, so no sweat.|