Thank you February

Saturday, March 2, 2019


thank you February for...
  • multiple snow and ice days where our whole family stayed home together finding ways to pass the day without driving each other crazy. We taped down the floor in the living room and taught our kids to play four square, we baked and cooked together, and slid through the yard on our bellies and butts on the ice while giggling nonstop. 
  • an amazing Wooly Week with my students that had everyone engaged, singing along, and bringing in Wooly inspired snacks and drawings.
  • the close of another CV basketball season (the 6th!) and getting our Coach Daddy back home
  • the inspiration from a student athlete that jump started my intentional focus on eating right and getting my steps in that led to 4.4 lbs loss this month
  • Fitness Marshall videos on youtube (especially Taki Taki and Me too - the girls' and my favorites!)
  • safe travels for my little sister who spent three weeks in Thailand with her very best friend
  • a long awaited dream come true in filing some paperwork for my littlest sister 
  • that frozen snow glisten from the sunrise in the morning
  • our seven (!) year old daughter Gemma Rose's birthday and the staggering realization that years wait for no one, especially mommas.
  • a 60th birthday for our Pappy - how lucky and blessed are we and our babies that we have him in our life. 
  • learning with relief and joy that a treatment plan was shorter in length that we initially thought
  • daydreaming about a fun summer getaway with my parents and the kids in the trees and the rivers (the mountains are calling, and we must go...)
  • sweet little valentines scribbled in my kids' handwriting and lots of hugs around the necks and little kissas from sticky fingers and cheeks (the best kinds)

February, you were a blur.
a blustery, blowing, blur of a month. 
it all swirled together and I nearly forgot what even happened.

but then when I combed back through my planner and blogposts, 
I uncovered that you were full of special little moments. 
thank you, February, for bringing our Gemmi's birthday
for reminding us to hug and love those dear to us
and for being wonderful even when we're moving too quickly to notice sometimes
xxox, 
tab

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!