My friend, Shelly over at The Cunningham family in Bush Alaska has nominated me for the Sunshine Award (hi and thanks, Shelly!) and it's an opportunity that is specific to the blogger world where you get a chance to answer some questions and learn new things about some of your favorite bloggers.
1. What is your favorite TV show?
We are really bad at TV and getting into shows. I wish we did more because its sort of odd that the only two shows that we make time to watch every week...are True Blood in the summer and The Walking Dead in the winter. Um, I promise we aren't just weird, sci-fi loving, gore maniacs. TV is a hit and a miss for us and generally it's just children's shows (bubble, bubble bubble. gup, gup guppies. kill me). I do enjoy catching-when-I-can Girls, The Mindy Project, Arrested Development, and Law & Order SVU.
2. What makes you happy when you're grumpy?
little moments of my favorite types of bliss: crossing off an item on my to do list, watching a new movie trailer online, a cup of coffee, nap time. Little moments that feel like a 're-start' to my grumpy day.
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I had a wonderful, wonderful childhood. Most of my favorite childhood memories include my sisters; playing trampoline-football, or making mudpies around the tree that fell over in the woods, roller-skating in the basement, or playing barbies. My sisters are my favorite childhood memory.
4. Who is your best friend? Why?
I guess it depends on the definition of best friend. If you mean someone who it's hard to tell where they begin and you end - then Brandon. Or if you mean someone who makes you laugh, picks you up, and keeps you going - then Greyson and Gemma. If you mean someone who can read your mind by looking at you- then my sisters Kayla and Tasha. If you mean someone who would drop everything to be there for you and you would do the same - then Katie and Allison.
I am a very lucky girl.
5. What's your "feel good" movie?
Rob Reiner movies: The Princess Bride, Flipped, and When Harry Met Sally.
6. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I had pretty standard dreams when I was a little girl. I wanted to be a teacher and also a Mom. Check, check - little Tab would be so glad.
7. What inspires you?
I feel inspired by setting goals and making plans to reach those goals. Biggest nerd ever. But once I set a goal - no matter how small (Get all kids' clothes folded and put away today) or how big (start a small business) - I feel inspired to make more goals and plans and my mind just starts racing. I love it so bad.
8. What is your favorite book?
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (P.S.) by Betty Smith
9. Who is your favorite author?
for a laugh: David Sedaris
for a can't-put-it-down-until-I-finish-it: Jodi Piccoult
for beautiful writing: Paulo Coelho and Leif Enger
10. What is your favorite song?
current: Avicii - Wake Me Up
ever: Three Dog Night - Joy to the World
My Nominations for the Sunshine Award:
(and for some of you, it's a call for new blog posts please, hehhe)
Ashley at The Big White Farmhouse
Nora at Ramblings of the Ribble Family
Shellie at Just Another Manic Monkday
Nicole at September Sweetheart
Zina at Restless Legs
Melodye at MelodyeJoy's Weblog
Luci at The Amateur Stepford Wife
Lea at The Life of the Mayers
Janelle at Queen of the House of Boys
Sarah at Messes Made With Love
Here's how it works:
1. Include the logo in your post (at the top)
2. Link up to the blogger who nominated you
[ Hi, again to Shelly at The Cunningham Family in Bush Alaska ]
3. Answer the 10 questions below about yourself that I created :)
4. You nominate 10 other bloggers
5. And tell those bloggers about their nomination
My 10 Questions for my nominees:
1. What is the first thing you drink in the morning?
2. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
3. What is your least favorite chore?
4. What are the biggest changes from your life today compared to five years ago?
5. What category of pins do you like best? (food, nail art, crafts, etc)
6. If you had 60 minutes all to yourself in the middle of the day today, what would you do?
7. What was the last movie/video/commercial (damn you, Carters) that made you cry?
8. If you had the time and money to study something in depth for 6 months, what would you want to learn?
9. What are three things you took for granted today?
10. What is your favorite personality trait about yourself?