2023 daily mini goals_January

Saturday, January 14, 2023

I love new years day - all the possibilities and wide open fresh pages in my planner. My mind and heart swirl and buzz with hopes and dreams and ideas on how to be a better me; a me that is closer to the person that I aspire to be. 

I am a goal making and goal tracking advocate to my core. As far back as I can remember I've been a sucker for new years resolutions. Some years making one goal, many years writing out lists of 100 small things, and some years giving myself grace and patience to know that I needed to let the universe unfold before me with an open heart. 

This year, I'm trying out 3-5 small daily goals a month. Something small and trackable that helps guide me into the person I want to be and the daily life I want to live. On each week of my planner, I have listed out my mini daily monthly goals and then I track which days I hit those goals. 

In an ideal, perfect world every day I would hit every goal - but I also know I don't live in an ideal, perfect world; I live in a chaotically beautiful, messy world. One that is jam-packed with teaching full time and six kids and a new puppy and a farm and friends and families and lots of activities - so I'm going to do my best each day and offer myself heaping doses of grace too. 

For the first month of the year - the daily mini goals that I chose are:

January

1. 20 minutes outside everyday; no matter the weather
2. make out with/open mouth kiss(!) my husband daily
3. write 100 words in my novel daily
4. Affirmation in the mirror: "I am grateful for my body exactly as it is today."

Here's to a new year! Know that I am sending love and encouragement out to you and whatever aspirations you set for this new year! Big or small - we can do this. We can be better than we were yesterday if even only by a smidge. xxo tab

1 comment:

  1. Love this monthly idea of a few little things each day! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete