thank you January

Thursday, January 31, 2019


thank you January for...

  • three days that were so cold that everything was cancelled and we had no obligations (or guilt!) to leave the house. just our family smooshed together in this messy chaotic house in cozy clothes and snuggled up. 
  • the validating interview with a college rep
  • a beautiful snowy day at Hidden Valley with Grey, my parents, sister and Kev
  • three great books to read
  • daydreaming about the future with B
  • peppermint tea in the afternoons
  • leggings layered under my dress pants every day for school
  • cutie oranges that the kids all love and that bring a jolt of vitamins to my lunch
  • playing scrabble on our bedroom floor with B (even though I lost, like usual)
  • changing plans and giving my Spanish 1 students the challenge of reading their first novel in their second language (they are doing awesome and I am so proud!)
  • the tea and mahogany candle in our bedroom
  • Rusty trying so hard with the 's' sound (he sucks in air to make it but he's so determined)
  • Violet so proud that she signed up for soccer and telling everyone
  • Gemma so eager to learn about how to keep the basketball stats at Grey's games #likemomlikedaugher
  • the multilayers of blankets and quilts we have on our bed that makes it so cozy its hard to get out of every morning
  • watching the whole series of YOU with B on Netflix
  • playing 'just dance' on youtube on our tv with the kids to get our winter energy burned
You were blistering cold and dark and mostly gloomy January, but somehow just what I needed to hibernate and re-energize my soul for the new year. 
thank you January
xxo
tab

2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to consider what I have to thank January for.
    Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good. I've found that when I lean into the winter months, I always come away refreshed. Funny how that works, hah! XOXO

    ReplyDelete