Around Here Week 12: 03/20-26

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

 A glimpse into what it is like to live in our home just this moment. 
















real glisten off the creek!











Intentional Outdoor Hours: 32+ hours (of 1000)
Officially the first day of Spring on Sunday, but it's still chilly and mud until the end of time. This season should really be called Winring because all of our winter and spring coats and footwear is all over the house and all covered in mud. #sendhelp I did download the 1000 Outside Hours app this week - it was on sale for only $1.99 - and I love it and feel super motivated by the badges. Hah! Geeking out about it! 

Reading Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood and obsessssssssed. Atwood is perfection as a writer. 

Running a quarter mile to the bus stop on Monday morning because the car wouldn't start. Mostly funny but also, geez oh man. We made the bus though, so win on getting our blood pumping first thing in the morning! 

Snagging our girl scout cookies! We order from the Stephens family, so we got a visit with Coach Mallie and his beautiful new pupper, Willow. The kids ate the five boxes of girl scout cookies within 24 hours (obvi). Our favorites are samoas and tagalongs but I always order a box of thin mints just for myself because I'm the only person in the whole house that likes them (score!)

Tending to sick kids everywhere. Grey missed the entire week of school due to the flu followed up by a bit on pneumonia in one lung (!) As Grey was on day 3, Gem got it, then Rust, then Reddy, followed up finally by Olive. Multiple pediatrician visits this week. Violet announced on Friday, "I guess I'm the only Studer who ever goes to school anymore!" The fevers were crazy (104+!) and I was a nervous wreck at night when they would all spike because fevers are scary, so basically I slept for approximately 5 hours in total over the course of the week.

Enjoying some one-on-one time with Violet as she was the only kid healthy enough to go to the elementary school's annual Reading Night. The PTA put on an amazing night themed as Under the Sea. All the rooms had special themes and activities, it was really wonderful. Bravo to all the parents and teachers that helped make it possible.

Washing 101 eggs in a single day. 

Feeling inspired as I always do after meeting with the board of YOU in Flood City. We had our quarterly meeting at Stonebridge Brewery and it uplifted my soul!

March Madness watching - it's Brandon's favorite TV time of the year! We hooked up the projector/roku in our bedroom and it displays on a whole wall and B is basically living in a daydream about it. (I'm a Bandwagon St. Peter's fan over here!)

Celebrating a half birthday - Violet is 7 and a half this week! We sang to her at fishing camp and everyone had to huddle around the candle in the cookie because the wind kept blowing it out! 

Lots of prom planning with the junior class officers and my co-advisor Brenna. We set our meeting up with the venue, prepared to start selling tickets (next week), finished all the prom permission slips/forms, created an Amazon wishlist for decorations, ordered the prom King and Queen crowns, and displayed the prom posters throughout the school. I am so grateful to my junior class president, Mariellen, who has been slaying her job title and using her graphic design skills to get everything beautiful and professional. She has been such a blessing to me, especially since I'm not in school every day. #lovemykids 

Fishing for mentor day. It is the boys' true favorite season of the year. Grey is an absolute sucker for fishing season and I have no doubt that if he had to choose between ever seeing me again and fishing, he'd be like, "Momma, I know you understand my heart. love you, bye." LOL. Mentor day was really chilly and after all the kids were sick all week, just B, Grey, and Pappy went out first thing in the morning. The rest of the crew and I headed out around lunchtime. Everyone got a chance to do a little fishing, but once the snow started blowing in - I packed up the little ones and headed home to warm blankies and snuggling! 

Sporting with one last indoor baseball practice for Grey, and Gem, Violet, and Rusty went to BB Gun league on Tuesday night (Grey missed it and a baseball practice due to illness). B had a football meeting with the youth league too. 

Making pineapple meatballs in the crockpot, Copycat Olive garden chicken over pasta, pork roast, homemade pizza, and Gemma made her "famous" lasagna that everyone seriously chows down and never has any leftovers (Olive was a messy faced monster!) I made a big batch of potato and corn chowder to take to fishing camp to try to warm everyone up on Saturday. Brandon brought home take-out from Tailgatez on Sunday night and Abba and Chum dropped off some pizza for us on Friday afternoon (thank you!) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness if Olive isn't the most delicious baby I have ever seen!!! I am so sorry about the sickness working its way through the fam. That is SO hard on mama!!! Hugs to you!
    That glisten on the creek-- holy magic!!
    I love the pic of the fish with Grey. He's so handsome and that fish is so pretty! haha!
    101 eggs is INCREDIBLE girl!!

    ReplyDelete