Around Here Week 11: 03/13-19

Monday, April 4, 2022

 A glimpse into what it is like to live in our home just this moment. 

























Intentional Outdoor Hours: 26+ hours (of 1000)
We got a taste of spring this week and it was wonderful! The kids are all so happy (and tuckered out) when we get to play outside during the day and I love all the fresh air and warm sun on our faces. I have officially made it to the end of wearing both Liv and Wells at the same time. We went for a little jaunt around the woods of our house and I thought maybe my back had been irreparably damaged from 22+lbs on the back and 18+lbs on the front (hah). We will have to figure out a way to explore without wearing both babies from here on it, I guess! 

Reading and finishing We Are Not From Here by Jenny Torres Sanchez. It was so heartbreaking and brutal but so good and important. Gosh, I am going to be thinking about this one for a long time, maybe the rest of my life. I also finished Free to Learn by Peter Gray this week and my brain and heart has been forever changed; for.ev.er. changed. I might have to do a whole dedicated post about it actually. 

Actually impressed with Grey's homemade ratchet. It was a self-imposed project that he tackled with enthusiasm. These are the kinds of wild perks that come with limited screen time, folks! (half joking, half serious though)

Excited for my nephew Wells who is a full blown sitter now! It has expanded his play options throughout the day and he is so smiley to sit up tall just like his cousins. Even in some strong wind gusts outside, Wells was holding his own and I was laughing and clapping like only a crazy aunt can. 

Making birthday arrrrrghraingments for our Reddy who will be two at the beginning of next month! (lol, if you didn't get the pun - it's a pirate party!)

NOT catching that sneaky leprechaun! He escaped - yet again! 

Fangirling x3 at the CT musical; The Music Man. The girls and I went on Thursday night and were starry-eyed at how well done the show was. We recognized our friends, sang along with the music, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Bravo CT musical department!

Sunning at the Quemahoming with Aunt Kitty on Friday. It was just too beautiful of a day to waste it at home messing around. I called my sister and we headed out to spend the afternoon in the sun while the kids played and it was glorious. My anticipation for warmer weather is no secret, I literally will not shut up about it - so come spring, get on with it! 

Vet checks for the dogs and they look good despite being in their 'twilight years.' eek! Bullet has definitely slowed down so that he is just a normal dog now (LOL). We got them new Seresto collars, got Bullet some old dog joint treats, and they are all up to date on their vaccinations. 

Shipping kids off to sleepovers. Grey got a sleepover with cousin Caleb (thank you Rummells!) and Violet got special sleepover with cousins at the Garretson's house (thank you!)

Swapping out holiday decorations. We took down the St Patrick decor and pulled out the Easter bin which includes our countdowns that always help little ones figure out that although we are talking about Easter, it is still quite a ways away yet. I went a little nuts hanging kid artwork on all the kitchen cabinets, but the rainy/snowy/fake spring/sleet/mud weather has me needing all the wacky, bright colors hung everywhere.

Kissing those sweet dumpling cheeks of our 10month old Livy Lou. She's as sweet and smiley as ever, no one can barely stand her cuteness!

Sporting with just a little bit as we are in the beautiful, relaxed lull period before spring sports explodes onto our calendar, so it was rather quite lovely. Grey had two indoor baseball practices and then B took all the big kids to the field on Saturday to help with clean-up to prepare for the upcoming season. On Monday, I picked up my team assignment for soccer. I reached out to my players' parents and heard from Gemma and Violet's coaches too. On Tuesday, B and Pappy took the four biggest kids to BB gun league and they had a great time- Rusty loved it best of all and took it very seriously! Next month will be hectic, but for now - we rest. 

Making Italian chicken in the crockpot over rice, kielbasa and veggie stir-fry with lo mien noodles, homemade pizza, and buffalo chicken dip. The three smallest kids and I had toast for dinner (our favorite!) on Saturday night since Violet was at a sleepover and B, Grey, and Gem attended an outdoor dinner and presentation with Pappy and Uncle Dave. For St. Patrick's day, I made broccoli and potato soup with homemade Irish Soda bread. I also made a huge batch of  French toast for breakfast before field clean up (a whole loaf!) Abba stopped by for a visit on Wednesday bringing along meatloaf and sides for our dinner (thank you!!) 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!