Homeschool Pre-K Week 13

Sunday, November 28, 2021

My dad called at the beginning of the month to organize a quick fishing trip in Erie with all my boys for steelhead and they were all thrilled (thank you dad!) It was going to be Rusty's first steelhead trip and he was both excited and nervous (two sleeps is too long to be away from you Mom! sweetiepie son, you won't always think that, so I'll take it while I can get it - hah). I knew the fishing trip was going to be all the best kind of learning: hands on and outdoors!! So we did some fish-focused learning and reading earlier that week before he headed out like a real big boy on their steelhead fishing trip in the later part of the week. 

Rust had a good time, although he did miss me (aw!) and he was still a little on the young side to be able to handle the rigor of the cold and the strong steelhead. He got in some major quality Chum (grandpa), Daddy, and big brother time though which can never be replaced or priced. Luckiest boy and luckiest momma/teacher for this special week! 

 Experience based learning
Lesson: Fish


Books we read:
The River: An Epic Journey to the Sea by Hanako Clulow
Max has a Fish by Wiley Blevins
My First Fly Fishing Book by the Hunting Daddies

Memory Verse:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Once I caught a fish alive
6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Then I let it go again
Why did you let it go?
Because it bit my finger so.
Which finger did it bite?
This little finger on my right.

Math:
Patterns (ABA, AABB) 
Recognizing numbers 1-10 and matching by counting 1:1

Visual Differentiation:
Spot the difference: fishing scene

Art:
doodling a fish with youtube
coloring a fishing scene

Field Trip
2 day steelhead fishing trip to Erie, PA with grandpa, dad, and big brother
        -this included: nature exploration, fine motor (baiting a hook), gross motor (casting, setting the hook, holding balance in stream), listening and following directions, cross-generational hands-on learning from grandpa, observational skills, etc etc etc SO MUCH LEARNING! THE BEST KIND!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!