Excuses girl

Friday, March 23, 2012

Hi.
It's tab.
And I'm here to give you all the excuses why I haven't written a blogpost in a week.

Instead,
I went to the park with the Fiore girls and my kids and we threw grilled cheese in the creek and pretended it was for fish

I watched the Descendants on demand (it was worth the $4.99)

I went back to sleep until 9a after feeding Gemma while Grey was staying with my parents overnight

I kissed a lot of Booboo's "booboos"  (and I'm not saying that to be sentimental, I mean literally - every time he bumps any body part on anything he comes over to me and says, "Tiss it, Mumma")

I put Greyson to nap just as Gemma woke up to be fed...like 4 times this week

I learned more about baby yoga because Gemma has a hard time every evening between 7p-9p and I'm hoping it will help her

I tried to get Trixie adjusted to her invisible fence collar (she hates it)

I took Grey to spend the afternoon with his Pappy Butch and I stayed and had lunch with my father-in-law because I needed to have an adult conversation

I changed all the bedsheets

I met our priest with both kids in tow to set a date for Gem's baptism

I went to the chiropractor

I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast

I talked to my sister on FaceTime and then she wrote this funny comment on my last post

I matched and folded approximately 34000 baby socks

I researched day cares for Grey

I had a beer with my husband while watching Cedar Rapids (which we thought was actually pretty funny)

I made a bird seed wreath and other bird treats toward our March kindness (more on that soon)

I made Greyson's bday invitations

I ate good food that I didn't make and enjoyed nice company (hi, Rummels and Mayers! Thanks again!)

I laid in the sun while Grey made mudpies

I told the dogs to stop barking.  a.lot.

I re-watched the Hunger Games trailer on hulu

And I did a lot of this (and by this I mean carrying our daughter around in the bjorn so she'd stop crying and get some sleep in the early evenings.  and by this I also mean having really knotty, dirty hair, but by this I did not mean making strange half-expressions like I am in this picture)



With all that said, I'm out of excuses.  Gem has started sleeping 5 and a half hours at night which has granted me the ability to function like a semi-normal human being during the day now.  And I'm honestly not even being a tiny bit sarcastic - 5 and a half hours is a big bonus from the 3 hours I was getting a week ago (ya feel me, right mommas?)  So this is my promise, I'm going to be better and I'm definitely going to get to writing:)  thanks for hanging around though in the meantime.  you guys are the best<3 

2 comments:

  1. Who needs an excuse when you have a newborn??? Everyone who's been there knows it's tough to get ANYTHING done, especially when sleep is seriously lacking. Keep going you awesome mum you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "baby" is almost 17 and I still vividly remember that total exhaustion from those baby days....and I counted getting to sleep from midnight to almost 5 as a full night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete