Thank you October

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Thank you October for...


  • The leaves and that crisp air. Gosh, October, do you ever bring peace to my soul. 
  • the opportunity to see that if I let my students take on more responsibility in clubs, they can and with beautiful success which was the case for all planning and designing of our Spanish Club homecoming float. I was so stressed about getting everything together, but the kids took on the challenge and completely took it off my plate. 
  • lots of quality time for Brandon and Greyson as archery season opened and I said goodbye to those two until December (end of deer season). At least they are together and both obsessed no matter how much I miss them and how crazy it makes me. 
  • the only show that B and I consistently make time to watch returned to tv and gave us an excuse to make time to watch tv together (The Walking Dead...I know, we're like the last still watching but whatever).
  • Nine and half years of our Greyson Rudy Booboo's relentless teasing and silliness.
  • a productive and validating meeting with Gemma's teachers about her struggles in reading and appointment schedule with the neuropsycologist to see if Dyslexia is at the root of the problem
  • The start of our Sunday school season and getting the chance to teach our own Grey for the next two years
  • the sound of our sweet baby cinco's heartbeat at my monthly check up
  • the day marking eleven years married to my favorite human on this Earth and the day celebrating the birth of that same person - October, no wonder you are my most treasured month of all. 
  • a corn maze with friends on a beautiful fall day
  • the success of another community event organized by my little sis who makes me so proud
  • the end of regular season football and cheerleading season. It is always sad to say goodbye to all the sweet smiles and hugs from my little first and second grade cheerleaders, but also a sigh of relief to get weeknights and weekends off again after a long, busy season.
  • a playoff football win for Coach Daddy and Greyson 
  • 38 years of marriage to celebrate for my parents!
  • Walmart grocery pick up, I love you. 
  • Halloween school parties at the kids schools that make them so happy and the homeroom moms and preschool teachers who do all the planning and organizing (I am so grateful for you!)
  • a new mattress for our aching backs and the adjustable base that brings so much happiness that it is borderline bizarre.
  • canceling on trick-or-treating when the rain and wind was strong and bobbing for apples in our kitchen with the kids instead laughing and cheering each other on. It ended up being the perfect Halloween evening.
  • My real life view of my live-like-the-seasons quote (100 small things) for fall "Notice how the trees do not cling to their leaves. Fall is about releasing the old to make way for the new." 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!