Around Here thirty four - 08/19-08/25

Saturday, August 27, 2016

A glimpse into what it is like to live in our home just this minute.












Intentional Hours outside:  402 hours (of 1000)
Up 16 hours this week, grabbing some hours at the football field, swimming at my aunt Lisa and Uncle Matt's house (with Mya!) and lots of mowing.  It has been a summer of gnats and sweat bees though! We did learn a helpful trick from our soccer-playing cousin Morgan:  to keep gnats away from your face, raise your hand in the air!  The gnats want to be at the highest part of your body, so they'll fly all around your hand instead of your face- who knew?!

Reading next to nothing outside of lesson plans (hah).  Grey and I are still working our way through our illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling a little each night before bed.

Cheering on our quarterback #8 at his first flag football game.  They lost but he loved every minute of it. It was insanely hot and sunny for the game, but Rust and I hung out under an umbrella while the girls snacked on concession stand food under the shade of the bleachers.  

Celebrating family at Brett and Kayla's wedding last weekend in Easton, PA. We got to sleep over in a hotel (the kids' favorite ever!) and had so much fun dancing the night away to their awesome live band.  Brandon and I, along with the boys were on our way back to the hotel in Sheila after the reception at 10:30p and the front tire blew out.  It was quite an adventure on the side of the road there in the humid heat.  I called the non-emergency line to get a police officer to sit behind us with his flashers on to slow down the 18wheelers that were whizzing by us and scaring the beejeezus out of Greyson (and me!)  Officer Hsu helped B get the tire changed too and I was so grateful that we were able to get the spare put on and get a new tire the next morning before heading back east across the state to come home!

Trying to get into a new routine between the new school year for Greyson and the part-time teaching for me.  You guys, holy tired.  I'm getting up now at 5am so that I have time to get ready myself and prepare for the day and then a full forty minutes to nurse Rusty last thing before I leave for school.  I need to just go to bed earlier, but by the end of the night, I'm scrambling to make school night bedtimes and finish chores and spend some time with B and make sure I have everything to go for the next morning...it will take a little while for me to get adjusted and get everything working like a machine again.

Feeling so happy for the newest member of our AKT plus kids crew to arrive!  My best friend Allison had her new baby James on Thursday and I can't wait to meet that sweet boy in person and give him (and her) a big squeeze! Happy Birthday baby James!

Making chicken and gravy in the slowcooker (second week in a row!) because it's Grey's choice of first day back to school dinner.  B made tacos one night and chicken over rice another night - it's been a weird week in meals with getting in the swing of our new schedules.  Improving next week!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!